Pattern clothes for toy terriers do it yourself
Before you sew clothes, you need to build a pattern in accordance with the size and model of the vending outfit. Patterns for dogs are universal. On the basis of one you can sew a T-shirt, dress, jacket. For the winter variant of clothing, a single-cut pattern is carried out separately. Let’s disassemble how to build a jumpsuit for a dog step by step
To build any patterns you need to take measurements. When measuring, the dog should stand, and you should take measurements without extra supply or tension. The necessary measurements to build patterns:
- The length of the back from the neck to the base of the tail.
- Chest volume under the front paws.
- Girth of the neck.
- Length of paws.
- Paw girth girth.
Now you can begin to build a pattern for sewing basic things. For convenience, it is best to use graph paper. The procedure for building a universal pattern:
- the rectangle is taken as the basis of the pattern, one side of which is equal to the length of the thing;
- mark the points of the waist line and breast volume;
- delay the width of the back, extending the length of the pattern;
- divide by half the length of the back and measure one third of the neck circumference from the intersection point;
- connecting the points in a semicircle, we get an armhole for the neck.
By the same principle build shoulder and armhole cut for front and hind legs. Separately build patterns for the sleeves, using the measurements of paws.
Creating a pattern jumpsuit for dogs with their own hands:
- First you need to measure the length of the back – the distance from the neck to the tail – and mark it with a segment AB, it is drawn first.
To find the point F, you need to postpone the line, which will be equal to half the circumference of the breast, perpendicular to the first segment.
- G is the end of the segment from point A, which is equal to half the length of the collar size.
- E is half the circumference of the dog’s waist, set aside from the segment AB.
- DC – cut from the lower tail to the beginning of the thigh.
- The width of the parts for the front and rear legs to measure in accordance with the half-paws in the upper and lower parts. Length to do at your discretion.
- To build the breast pattern, the values are taken on the basis of the main part – the length of the FE and DC segments.
- The length of the FF is the length between the forepaws on the side of the chest, DD is behind the hind legs, CC is under the tail.
- Then you can transfer the pattern to the fabric and cut it out, not forgetting about the seam allowances of 1 centimeter from all sides.
Pattern blankets for dogs – a comfortable fit is performed according to the scheme:
Here AB is the length from neck to tail, collar bav equals neck volume.
For sewing blankets, you need to connect the back and the collar along the BAB line, taking into account that the same points on different parts must be combined.
Collar sew into a ring and sew belt on it. Detail of the T-shape should cover the back of the little dog.
Sewing overalls for toy terrier
To work you need to prepare:
- 50 cm wool plaid flannel;
- 50 cm of lining fabric;
- 20 cm of adhesive tape;
First of all, you need to carve out from checkered fabric: 1 back piece, 2 shelves, 2 sleeves, 2 collar details — the pattern is designed for such dimensions: chest girth – 36 cm; neck circumference – 21 cm; back length – 32 cm; back width – 10 cm.
- Stitch backrest details with shelves on each side., leaving 1 cm from the edge, on the shoulder – 0.8 cm. Utter the seams in different directions.
- Stitch sleeves. Combine the labels on the sleeve and back. Connect the sleeve with the armhole, cleaving them with needles in different directions from the mark. Make a side seam on the sleeve and sweep the details. Make a line on the sleeve, departing 0.5 cm from the edge. Undo the seam, after unbending the seam allowance inside the sleeve.
- Cut out parts from lining material – 1 back, 2 shelves, 2 sleeves and sew the lining. Undo the seams. Stitch front sides of the lining shelf with the shelves of the “coat” of fabric into the cell along the fastener line.
- Stitch collar details along the top line, departing 0.5 cm from the edge. Iron the parts, make notches on the roundings, turn out the collar, straighten the seam with a needle, promet and iron it.
- Tack the gate to the neckline of the lining neck. Sweep the lines of the neck and lining, sticking a collar between them. Make a line, departing 0.5 cm from the seam. Turn the parts on the face, straighten the lining and iron the seams.
- Cut out 2 stripes of a slanting bake width of 3.5 cm for processing the bottom edge at an angle of 45 * to the share thread. Stitch them at an angle of 90 degrees to each other along oblique cuts and smooth the seam. To stitch a tape along the bottom edge – face-to-face with a lining, departing 0.6 cm from the edges, simultaneously connecting details from two fabrics – lining and checkered.
- Unscrew the facing on the front side., bend its edge inward and tack, closing the stitch seam. Run the line at the edge of the fold of the facing.
- Make a clasp, sewed on the shelves duplicate parts of adhesive tape.
- Sew a belt. Cut out an oblique strip of fabric into a cage 40–45 cm long, 3–4 cm wide across the width of the buckle. Make a strip of lining material 3 cm wider and place it under the checkered one. Wrap the left allowances on both ends of the belt and sew it.
- Make the belt ends, twisting the end of the lining 2 times. In order to belt fastened, sew at the ends of pieces of adhesive tape. Sew the loops from a strip of 4.5 cm wide. Fold it along in two, smooth the fold, lay both edges inward and sew. Sew 2 loops on the back of the “coat” and insert a belt into them.
Knitted clothes for toy terrier
Knitted things on Russian toy cars look interesting and fashionable. For knitting applied basic pattern. For such things take a little yarn and they knit very quickly.
So, how to make a knitted jumpsuit for a dog with your own hands step by step:
- Dial 52 loops and tie with 1×1 elastic band 12 rows. Then tie 5 rows of satin stitch and close the eyelets for the armhole. We knit 12 rows for the back, and 21 rows for the front. Next, you need to add 12 closed loops and close the knitting in a circle. Knit 6 cm and close 12 loops on the tummy, then tie 8 cm and close 12 loops on the back. Knit the corners separately, closing the inside with 2 loops in each row, until the loops are completely closed.
- For the front legs It is necessary to collect 30 loops, close them in a circle, knit 4 cm with a stitch and close the loops.
- For hind legs you need to dial the loop from the corners almost to the armhole on the tummy, add the remaining loops with the help of a nakida. There should be a total of 40 loops. Run around the face smooth surface 6 cm. Girth crochet around the loop through one loop, so that it stretches a little. The suit is ready.
Dial 60 loops on the knitting needles and tie round 6 rows of 1×1 rubber band. Close along the edges of 6 eyelets for armholes, leaving the central 2 loops. Tie 6 rows of back and 24 rows in front and close the knitting into a circle. Tie 7 cm and close the bottom 12 loops. Continue tying, closing 1 loop at each edge until the web reaches 12 cm. Close the remaining loops. For sleeves, make a set of 30 loops and make 12 rows of 1×1 elastic. Tie all edges in a satin stitch circle for 8 rows and close the loop.
Before you start knitting, you want to take measurements of a pet. To measure the head from one temporal bone to another is the measure of the lower edge of the product (AA 1). Then measure the distance between the ears of the dog and minus 1 cm (BB 1). Next, measure the length of number 1 from the frontal tubercle to the occipital (middle lines AA 1 and BB 1 – А0Б0), and the length № 2 from the occipital tubercle before the skull starts to the back (middle lines BB 1 = BB 1 – B0B0). It is also necessary to measure the gap in the back between the ear cartilage – this will be the posterior edge of the cap (BB 1).
Dial loops on the needles, equal to the bottom edge of the AA-1 cap, and knit 3 rows with a 2×2 elastic band. Then you need to make a decrease. At the beginning and at the end of each second row, knit 2 loops at the same time, to obtain the size of the distance equal to the measure of BB 1, and the length of the knit distance of length No. 1 measure AA 1 = BB 1 – A0B0. If the measure of BB 1 is obtained earlier than the length to the occipital tubercle, then it must be knit without slowdowns. Reaching the desired length, begin to increase the loops according to the scheme: from the broach after the second loop, edging, the first loop, broach and then the canvas, broach, penultimate loop, edging. So knit up to length No. 2 and measurements of explosives 1, close the loop.
Clothes for staffordshire terrier
The necessary measurements are the length of the back from the neck to the tail and the volume of the breast behind the elbow joint. Back length need to divide by 10, the result is the side of the square on the scale grid. Draw a grid and transfer the pattern to it, adding on the seam allowances.
In the proposed vest, the detail of the tummy will be integral, and the back with a fastener along the entire length. If you decide to sew a vest with a lining, then you will need to carve out the second set of parts from lining fabric.
Connect the lining details with similar facial details and sweep them. Sew a zipper. Then sew the back and tummy parts. Handle the gate and armhole.
Jack Russell Terrier Clothing
Two measurements are needed – back length and chest volume. In accordance with them, cut out details of the back, breast and hood from knitwear, leaving allowances for seams. Collect the hood. Connect the chest and back and sew the hood. The bottom of the product, the edge of the hood and armholes to process a contrast tape.
Such a hat is well suited for both boys and girls.
To count the required number of loops, it is necessary to make a control sample. Dial 20 loops on the knitting needles, tie a 10 cm canvas and calculate how many loops there are per centimeter.
Measure the circumference and divide the number in two. Dial the number of loops equal to half the girth. Tie a sheet equal to double the height of the cap. The first 3 cm and the last to perform an elastic band 1×1.
Fold the knitted fabric in half and sew the side seams, and decorate the corners of the cap with pompoms.
As you can see, sewing and modeling clothes for a pet does not require a lot of time and great sewing skills. Replenish the wardrobe of your little dog with fashionable things made by yourself, and save money in your wallet.