In the cold season, you need to take care of your pets as much as you do about yourself. Dog breeders know that walking with four-legged in the fall or winter can be problematic due to the fact that the animal freezes quickly. At the same time, sometimes finding clothes for your pet is not so easy in size. To make the sweater fit the dog, you can tie it with your hands on the needles, using simple schemes for beginners.
Necessary tools and materials
Before you begin to knit, you need to make sure the availability of materials and tools.
To knit a dog sweater you will need:
- measuring tape;
- yarn (50–200 g);
- stocking spokes;
- circular needles.
For each pattern and style of the sweater is to choose the right yarn. When choosing it, you need to take into account the weight and basic parameters of the dog. A sweater should not be narrow or, conversely, wide. Otherwise, it will interfere with the movement of the animal.
How to knit a dog with a knitting sweater: step by step instructions
It is important to choose the scheme of knitting, which is suitable for the parameters of the animal.
For an example, it is better to take a simple scheme. The main stages of knitting a sweater for a dog:
- Measurement Given the fact that the pet is unlikely to sit quietly during the measurement, you need to make a correction for a couple of centimeters:
- Length of the product. This is the distance from the beginning of the withers (future collar) to the tail.
- Width of the product. To do this, measure the length from the armpit to the armpit of the front paws.
- Girth of the chest and back. From the result, subtract the figures obtained in the previous paragraph (CG).
- The distance between the front and rear paws. This will require laying pet on its side.
- Girth of the abdomen (waist). This item is very important: if the measurements are taken incorrectly, the sweater will hang and prevent the animal from moving.
- Girth of paws (OL).
- Girth of the neck (OSH).
All measurements should be done when the dog is relaxed.
The smaller the dog, the larger the sweater must perform its function – warm it, so the gate can be higher, and the sleeves and the sweater itself are longer
On the diagram, the heart is turned for our convenience, as we knit from above
At this stage, you can try on the product on the doggie so that it becomes clear how it sits in the shoulders and that it is time to leave room for the sleeves.
If suddenly your little dog is absolutely baby and such a scheme simply does not fit on its back, you can knit one heart out of this or a previous pattern with needles
If the body of your dog is rather long, then you can knit two loops and not in each row, but through a row
In fact, knitting a dog sweater with knitting needles is not such a difficult task. The main thing is to take measurements correctly and have at least small knitting skills, then an excellent result will not take long to wait!