To make sure your clothes fit your dog, correctly and accurately take certain measurements from the dog (Fig. 1). And how to take measurements of a dog for clothes correctly awakens given two options: this old first method and the new 2 way more simple.
The first way is how to take measurements from a dog for clothes.
In order to then calculate the loops for knitting, make a pattern for sewing. For accuracy, the dog should be steadily placed on the surface with all four paws. It is advisable to bring the dog to a calm state. When taking measurements, make sure that the measuring tape is not tightly attached to the body, but not hanging at the same time. When girth tape should be easily turned to the right and left.
Basic measures for sewing and knitting
1. The length of the back is the distance from the withers to the base of the tail.
2. Neck girth – measured in the place where the collar is located.
3. Chest girth – measuring tape passes behind the front paws.
4. Waist circumference – measuring tape passes in front of the hind legs.
5. The distance between the front and rear legs.
6. The distance between the front legs.
7. The length of the front legs – measured from the armpits to the floor.
8. The length of the hind legs – measured from the armpits to the floor.
9. Measure for boys – the distance from the armpit of the front paw to the male organ.
Fig. 1. The procedure for taking measurements from the dog.
1. The distance between the ears.
2. Head circumference – measuring tape runs horizontally under the dog’s ears.
3. Head girth – measuring tape runs vertically under the chin.
The girth of the hind legs – a tape measure runs around the widest part of the hind legs. Merka is needed for knitting overalls and other excellent options for caring for our four-legged friends, and be sure to read 2 ways to take measurements for a dog for clothes, which is presented below a simplified version.
How to take measurements from the dog Knitting techniques for dogs How to make a pattern
To tie a cape for a dog To tie a blanket for a dog To tie a vest for a dog
Tie a dog blouse Tie a dog jacket Tie a dog jumpsuit
The second way how to take measurements from a dog for clothes is a simple approach
Using a measuring tape, measure around the neck where the collar will sit, along the back, waist or waist, and body length from the base of the neck to almost the tail.
Also (not shown), I would measure the distance between the two front legs over the chest area, not the back. Some have wider bodies, and some of them are much more compact. This information helps customize the fit a little better if you need to