Before you crochet or knit the clothes for your dog, you need to decide on the model. It all depends on the constitution of the pet, skills, as well as individual preferences. There are the following types of warm clothes, Knitted for dogs on the patterns with their own hands:
The easiest option is to knit vest. Other models require more serious skills. But keep in mind that this thing is more suitable for the autumn, as it does not have sleeves. For winter frosts, a sweater or coat is required.
Yarn and accessories
After the model is defined, it is necessary to prepare all necessary for work. So, in the process the following accessories will be useful:
- Yarn (suitable as acrylic, and with the content of wool).
- Knitting needles or hook (depending on preferences and skills).
- Thread bobbins.
- Tape measure.
- A pen and a small sheet of paper (for records in the process of taking measurements of an animal).
In some models may be useful fittings: hooks, buttons, buttons, or zippers. All this is recommended to prepare in advance. The bobbin threads should be selected to match the chosen yarn. It is not recommended to save on materials needed for the manufacture of clothing.
Patterns may vary depending on the measurements.
Then you can go to the most responsible stage of work, which is to take measurements of the animal. If the dog has a restless nature, then perhaps it alone will not cope with this work. Better to find a mate. And it is also advisable to prepare any treat for the animal.
Choosing the most successful moment, you can start the process. The following measurements should be taken:
- chest girth, which should be measured on the bulkiest part of the chest;
- girth of the neck in its thinnest part;
- the length of the back, which is measured from the point where the neck begins, to the tip of the tail;
- height of the paws – the entire length of the extremities is measured from the armpit (this parameter is necessary only if a product with sleeves is planned);
- girth of paws, which is measured in the thickest place.
Taking measurements, it is important not to rush, because it depends on whether the product is suitable for an animal or not. It should not be forgotten that for knitting overalls you need to measure the distance between the legs.
Instructions for making
More accurate instructions for knitting clothes depends on the selected model. Even beginner craftsmen can create knitted clothes for a chihuahua with their own hands according to the schemes. There are several general rules that it is necessary to adhere in the process of knitting clothes for dachshunds with your own hands on the patterns:
Depending on the type of yarn chosen, it is necessary to count the number of loops, which will be distributed in 1 cm. Next, it is necessary to calculate the number of loops depending on the measurements taken. Of course, their number will be small, if you plan to tie a vest or blanket for a small dog. To do this, knit a small piece of the pattern.
- Each part of the product must be knitted separately, and then interconnected with each other with the help of a needle and bobbin threads. But when creating a vest you can knit a thing in a circle.
- The blanket can be knitted in a continuous cloth, without interrupting the process.
- When knitted clothes for dogs on the patterns will be almost ready, you can try on the product, and then tie up the collar and elastic at the bottom.
If the master is not confident in his skills and does not want to waste new yarn, then knitting clothes for the Chihuahua with knitting needles can be done from any unnecessary thing. There are interesting options for reworking old master’s clothes into pet costumes.
For example, from a children’s sweater you can easily do a similar thing for a dog. To do this, you only need to take a little bit of it, depending on the size of the animal, and also insert gum on the neck, waist and sleeves.
If you failed to tie up the masterpiece the first time, you should not be upset, because the failed thing can be easily dismissed and you can try to tie it again. But when a good thing turns out, the animal will look extraordinary and attractive, and the main thing is that it will be warm in rainy, dank and frosty weather.